Thu, Jan 06|
2-Day Retreat: 10am-12pm PST each day
2022 Dream & Scheme Retreat for Small Business Owners
A cozy, working retreat for creative small business owners. We'll imagine and plan for a new year with an ample dose of dreaming and scheming through both solo work as well as interactive group time to glean from each other, share resources, and cheer each other on.
date & time
Jan 06, 2022, 10:00 AM PST – Jan 07, 2022, 12:00 PM PST
2-Day Retreat: 10am-12pm PST each day
An interactive virtual working retreat hosted live on Zoom by artist Kimberly Kuniko for fellow creative small business owners. This 2-day retreat is for carving out some time and space to thoughtfully discern direction, set intentions and achievable goals that keep our creative dreams in sight and growing, and spend time imagining our year while exercising a proactive approach rather than a reactive one (which is only natural when we’re wearing all the hats and making our way through a persistent pandemic). Our time will be filled with an ample dose of creative dreaming and scheming through both solo work time as well as interactive group sessions where we can glean from others, provide feedback, and encourage each other along.
This working retreat is all about tending to our current/future small business through a reflective process of:
- discerning, reconnecting, or re-assessing with the 'why' behind what we do,
- looking back over 2021 to see what worked well and what needs adjustment,
- determining which creative endeavors and channels to prioritize,
- identifying tasks that require regular maintenance and establishing routines to stay on top of them,
- getting into the habit of setting monthly intentions with the use of themes and sprint goals,
- and laying out an overarching framework of direction for 2022 to keep the big picture in sight and stay ahead of what’s coming rather than feeling like we're chasing it
Your retreat admission includes:
- a 4-hour working retreat hosted live on Zoom. The retreat takes place over the course of 2 days and is split into two 2-hour sessions on Thursday, 1/6 (10am-12pm PST) + Friday, 1/7 (10am-12pm PST), so that there's time to absorb, process, and brainstorm in between each meet-up
- 10 downloadable printable worksheets + 1 digital content calendar starter template
- live group Q-and-As + the opportunity to submit questions through the chat box during the duration of the retreat
...with the option to:
- add-on 4 quarterly meet-ups for continued accountability and support (see details below)
This retreat will take place in a live session through Zoom, which allows us to interact face-to-face in an online classroom setting through video, audio, and chat box. Download the Zoom app software to your preferred camera- and mic-enabled device + have stable internet service to participate in the live virtual workshop.
2-DAY RETREAT REGISTRATION | $50
Includes: Admission for 2-Day Retreat - Thursday, 1/6 (10am-12pm PST) + Friday, 1/7 (10am-12pm PST). A working retreat for creatives running their own businesses. At least 4 registrations are required for the retreat to take place. Refer a friend for 10%-off both registrations with coupon code FRIENDS10 (make sure each registrant uses the coupon code).
2-DAY RETREAT + 4 QUARTERLY MEET-UPS | $130 ($50 for 2-day retreat + 4 discounted $20 meet-ups)
Includes: Admission for 2-Day Retreat - Thursday, 1/6 (10am-12pm PST) + Friday, 1/7 (10am-12pm PST) + 4 Quarterly Meet-Ups focusing on the following topics. Each meet-up includes additional worksheets and resources.
- Q1: Building a Connected Audience // Friday, March 11, 10am-12pm PST // Explore how we can connect with our audience in meaningful ways that align with our preferred styles of communication and time, and discern what our audience needs to feel connected so we can grow long-lasting relationships.
- Q2: Story-Led Branding // Friday, June 10, 10am-12pm PDT // Explore ways to express our brand through various forms of storytelling (both visual and written) to deepen connections with our audience and educate them about our work while identifying the best platforms or avenues to do so.
- Q3: Balancing Act // Friday, Sept. 9, 10am-12pm PDT // Explore aspects of juggling an art business with our personal lives, prevent overwhelm and burnout, discern healthy boundaries, decide when/what to delegate, and create more balance in our work and life by distributing the load of all we carry.
- Q4: Defining Success & Measuring Growth // Friday, Dec. 9, 10am-12pm PST // Explore our own definition of success as creatives and business owners, and brainstorm ways that we can measure this to allow us to see and celebrate our progress, and continue to build our confidence as small business owners.
Note: Quarterly meet-ups will also be available for purchase individually for $25/ticket as each date approaches.
SPONSOR A FELLOW CREATIVE | $50 for extra ticket to 2-day retreat
A lovely way to pay it forward and uplift creative community. Purchase an extra ticket, and I'll gift it on to a fellow creative who could use a productive retreat amidst all that's being experienced around the world. On the registration form for this ticket, enter "Sponsored Creative" as the First/Last name, include your email address for my reference, and leave the rest of the fields blank.
PAYMENT PLANS / SCHOLARSHIPS
Please email me at hello(at)lacelit(dot)com to inquire about payment plans or available scholarships.
PRIOR TO OUR RETREAT, you'll receive an email with the following:
- Zoom link and details for accessing our virtual retreat
- preparatory worksheet to be completed ahead of our time together (we'll refer to this throughout the retreat)
- direct link access to our library of retreat materials and worksheet printables
- a brief list of suggested items helpful to have on hand during our work sessions
Due to class size minimums, I'm unable to offer full refunds on cancellations. However, cancellations made 1 week prior to the workshop can choose between a 50% refund OR a transfer of your registration to a friend (you'll need to supply their contact information so they can receive all class communications). However, if this class does not meet class size requirements, you will receive a full refund.
A cozy, working retreat for creative small business owners. We'll imagine and plan for a new year with an ample dose of dreaming and scheming through both solo work as well as interactive group time to glean from each other, share resources, and cheer each other on.$50.00
2-Day Retreat + 4 Quarterly
An interactive retreat for small business owners to work on goal-setting and planning for 2022 + 4 quarterly meet-ups throughout the year. See description above for dates, times, and topics.$130.00
Sponsor Fellow Creative
A lovely way to pay it forward and uplift creative community. Purchase an extra ticket, and I'll gift it on to a fellow creative who could use a productive retreat amidst all that's being experienced around the world. On the registration form for this ticket, enter "Sponsored Creative" as the First/Last name, include your email address for my reference, and leave the rest of the fields blank.$50.00