Dream & Scheme Retreat for Small Business Owners
date & time
An interactive virtual working retreat hosted by artist Kimberly Taylor-Pestell live on Zoom for fellow creative small business owners and owners-to-be. In the midst of a tumultuous pandemic when goal-setting and planning may feel a bit pointless, discerning direction and setting both intentions and achievable goals are an important part of keeping our creative dreams in sight and our business' lights on, and continuing to point our way forward toward good things with purpose.
As small business owners, we have the privilege of being able to shift directions or deviate into new areas of creativity when certain paths become temporarily blocked. We are ideators familiar with exercising our creativity each day, so we can put our innovative nature to use mapping out routes over even the most unexpected terrain.
During our retreat, we’ll spend time goal-setting, prioritizing, and imagining our year, exercising a proactive approach rather than a reactive one (which is only natural when we’re wearing all the hats and a global pandemic is going on). Our time will be filled with an ample dose of creative dreaming and scheming through both solo work time as well as interactive group sessions where we can glean from each other, provide feedback, and encourage each other along.
This working retreat is all about tending to our current/future small business through a reflective process of:
- discerning or reconnecting with the 'why' behind what we do,
- looking back on 2020 to see what worked well and what needs adjustment,
- determining which creative endeavors and channels to prioritize,
- identifying tasks that require regular maintenance and establishing routines to stay on top of them,
- getting into the habit of setting monthly intentions with the use of themes and sprint goals,
- and beginning to lay out an overarching framework of direction for 2021 to keep the big picture in sight, know at any given moment what we're focusing on, and stay ahead of what’s coming rather than feeling like we're chasing it
Your retreat admission includes:
- 4-hour working retreat hosted live on Zoom (the retreat will be divided into two 2-hour sessions, split between 2 days so that there's time to absorb, process, and brainstorm in between each meet-up)
- downloadable printable worksheets for retreat exercises
- live Q-and-A with Kimberly + the opportunity to submit questions through the chat box during the duration of the retreat
Prior to our retreat, participants will receive an email with the following:
- Zoom link and details for accessing our virtual retreat
- preparatory worksheet to be completed ahead of our time together (we'll refer to this throughout the retreat)
- direct link access to our library of retreat materials and worksheet printables
- a brief list of suggested items helpful to have on hand during our work sessions
This retreat will take place in a live session through Zoom, which allows us to interact face-to-face in an online classroom setting through video, audio, and chat box. Download the Zoom app software to your preferred camera- and mic-enabled device + have stable internet service to participate in the live virtual workshop.
DATES/TIMES | 2-Day Event: Friday, 01/15 (9-11am PST) + Saturday, 01/16 (9-11am PST). If you'd love to join us, but are unavailable Jan. 15 & 16, email me with your availability at hello(at)lacelit(dot)com! I'm considering hosting a second session for those who can't make it next week.
REGISTRATION | $50
This 4-hour retreat is open to creatives running their own businesses or working toward launching a small business. At least 4 registrations are required for the retreat to take place. Refer a friend for 10%-off both registrations with coupon code FRIENDS10 (make sure each registrant uses the coupon code).
SPONSOR A FELLOW CREATIVE | $50 for extra ticket
A lovely way to pay it forward and uplift creative community. Purchase an extra ticket, and I'll gift it on to a fellow creative who could use a productive retreat amidst all that's being experienced around the world. On the registration form for this ticket, enter "Sponsored Creative" as the First/Last name, include your email address for my reference, and leave the rest of the fields blank.
PAYMENT PLANS / SCHOLARSHIPS
Please email me at hello(at)lacelit(dot)com to inquire about payment plans or available scholarships.
Due to class size minimums, I'm unable to offer full refunds on cancellations. However, cancellations made 1 week prior to the workshop can choose between a 50% refund OR a transfer of your registration to a friend (you'll need to supply their contact information so they can receive all class communications). However, if this class does not meet class size requirements, you will receive a full refund.
- Dream & Scheme Retreat$50$500$0
- Sponsor Fellow Creative$50$500$0