Fri, Nov 11|
The Climate Gallery
The Climate Gallery Tours: A Study in Artivism Exhibit
An interactive, online art gallery featuring community-engaged climate artwork. Each artist uses their own medium to illustrate important climate-centered topics. See Kimberly Kuniko's collage art mural in Mira Musank's gallery. | Sign up for a free tour time slot while spots last:
date & time
Nov 11, 2022, 6:00 PM PST – Nov 15, 2022, 7:00 PM PST
The Climate Gallery
An interactive, online art gallery featuring community-engaged climate artwork. Each artist uses their own medium to illustrate important climate-centered topics. See Kimberly Kuniko's collage art mural made from repurposed materials featured in Mira Musank's gallery.
MIRA MUSANK is a textile upcycling artist based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Her creative garments are inspired by runway experiences from her fashion blogging days. Mira’s medium is sewing, weaving, and hand embroidery. fafafoom.com | @miramusank. Mira's gallery includes the following featured collaborators:
- CYNTHIA ANDERSON / Freelance photographer who regularly covers fashion weeks in New York, Tokyo, Seoul, and Copenhagen.
- JESUS ROMERO / Fashion designer, illustrator, and US Army veteran. Experienced tailor with impeccable sense of style.
- KIMBERLY KUNIKO / Nikkei American hapa artist exploring illustration, collage, and mixed-media art. Paper goods designer at lacelit.com.
- RICHARD INKYU KIM / Musician and dancer, with an emphasis on improvisation. Music featured in award-winning Netflix film Advantageous (2015).
- VERONICA CIPTO / Versatile graphic designer with passion for creative concepts, packaging design, branding, and art direction.
- STARRY EYED CADET / San Francisco indie group inspired by Sarah Records with a touch of shoe-gazing bliss of Creation Records.
Klara Maisch documents landscape change in oil paintings created on location. She travels to remote regions of Alaska to paint throughout the seasons. Scientific research and direct experiences with the physical forces that shape a landscape inform the visual dynamics in her work. klaramaisch.com
Rose McAdoo is a visual artist using cake as her medium for raising awareness around global issues. Her unique edible art centers around human stories and the environment, leading her to make cakes with remote populations in some of the world’s most extreme environments. rosemcadoo.com
Minori Murata is an art director and visual artist born in 1992 and based in Tokyo, Japan. Murata’s practice is based on compositing, processing, and collaging. She originates high-calorie visual expressions and motion graphics videos with a large amount of information. minorimurata.wiki
David Solnit is an arts organizer, sign painter, printmaker, puppeteer, and carpenter who lives and works in Northern California. His artwork – signs, banners, flags, puppetry, and street murals created in collaboration with social change activists and artists – has been exhibited in strikes, blockades, occupations, sit-ins, and mass marches.
[ABOUT THE CLIMATE GALLERY]
This is an online art exhibit hosted on Mozilla Hubs. It's available on any device with a browser or via VR headset. You'll be able to walk around, engage with the art, and talk with other patrons about your experience. Join us between November 11-15.
The Climate Gallery is a non-profit virtual reality gallery featuring multi-medium pieces from a diverse group of climate-focused artists. We showcase art and artists who dare to combat the climate crisis. The Climate Gallery is a project of Climate Creative.